Tuesday, July 4, 2017

What to say

Now you see, this is one of those days where I don't know where to start, cause so much happened, and so little of it can I talk about here as it was work related (happens when you put in a really intense 11 hour day!)

But this is also part of what I love about the blog, cause it forces me to sit down and comb through the day and pick out the bits that were great, that were worth noting, where the teeth of the comb hang up on something and I get to reflect on it and move through it a bit more. 

Maybe I'll start with some vignettes,

Ohhhhh, I love those seaweed snacks, the ones with the toasted salted seaweed sheets?  Sooooo delicious and I can convince myself that I am getting vital minerals and vitamins too.

Making bread is one of the great things to do in life, my day was ruled and ordered by bacteria.....indeed the entire institute's day was, 36 people, all waiting on the eating habits of those yeasty bugglets.  Very nice bread at the end of it all too.  Mmmmmmmmm

Babies are amazing, watching a 6 month old gnaw on a cold metal table leg......mmmmmmm good on those gums!

Jars of breast milk in the freezer at work, kinda stressed mom, but it is lovely to see too.

That exquisite stress and tension when you just get on the highway and realize you have almost no gas left, and then the relief when you get to a station and it's still running.

Coming home to a dog who is so happy to see you, then almost falling asleep on the carpet while you scratch his belly.  It's not that I'm tired, it's just easier to sit on the floor.  No, no no, I'm not sleepy, that's not why I'm lying down on the rug with the dog, it's just more comfy....mhhhmmmmhhhhh

A good day, a long day, a busy day, but a very good day too.

No comments: